COST OF ACCIDENTS
- On average, there are 15 accidental deaths and 4,440 disabling injuries
- Each year, more than 1 in 8 people seek medical attention from an injury.
- 39.4 million people are treated in hospital emergency rooms.
- There are 116.8 million visits to the emergency department each year.
- About 34% of all emergency room visits are injury related.
- The average economic impact of an accident is $5,900 per household.
- Injuries off the job continue to be significant.
- Nearly three-fourths of disabling injuries to workers occur off the job.
- 9 out of 10 accidental deaths occur off the job.
- Accidents are the leading cause of death among persons up to age 42.
- Accidents are the fifth leading cause of death overall.
- Your benefits BEGIN IMMEDIATELY on your effective date.
- Your benefits are paid DIRECTLY TO YOU, unless you or the law requires otherwise.
- Your benefits are paid IN ADDITION to any other insurance you have.
- Your coverage is GUARANTEED RENEWABLE for life—only you can cancel.
- Your benefits are NEVER REDUCED.
- Your premium DOES NOT INCREASE with age.
- You CANNOT BE SINGLED OUT for a rate increase. Your rates can only be
increased if they are increased for all plans of this kind in your state.
- You receive the stability of a Family Heritage Policy. Family Heritage has NEVER
RAISED A RATE on an existing policy.
Helping you provide protection for you and your family.