HEART AND STROKE FACTS
Cardiovascular diseases are the # 1 killer of men and women.
Heart attack, stroke and heart disease account for over 40%
of all deaths.
- 1 of every 2.4 deaths in the United States.
- More than 2,600 Americans die each day.
Heart Attacks are the single largest killer of Americans.
- 1.1 million Americans will suffer a heart attack each year.
- Every 29 seconds, someone will suffer a coronary event.
Strokes are the third leading cause of death in the United States.
- Every minute, someone will suffer a stroke.
- Every 31/2 minutes, someone dies of a stroke.
- Congestive heart failure is a contributing cause in over 250,000
- deaths per year.
- Over 1.8 million Americans suffer from rheumatic heart disease.
COST OF HEART AND STROKE
RISK FACTORS FOR HEART DISEASE
According to the American Heart Association, several risk factors for coronary heart disease have been identified.
- Increasing Age
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Physical Inactivity
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- Persons with a history of heart disease, heart attack or
stroke prior to coverage effective date or within 30
days thereafter will not be covered.
- This policy only covers loss due to heart disease, heart
attack or stroke.
- Benefits are not payable for any day of hospital
confinement unless the day of confinement is the direct
result of heart disease, heart attack, or stroke.
- Benefits paid for any one person will not exceed the
maximum benefits shown in the Benefit Schedule
regardless of the number or types of heart diseases,
heart attacks or strokes.
- Your benefits are paid DIRECTLY TO YOU, unless you instruct us otherwise.
- Your benefits are paid IN ADDITION to any other insurance you have.
- Your coverage is GUARANTEED RENEWABLE for life—only you can cancel.
- Your benefits are NEVER REDUCED.
- Your premium DOES NOT INCREASE with age.
- You CANNOT BE SINGLED OUT for a rate increase. Your rates can be increased only if they are increased for all plans of this kind in your state.
Family Heritage is part of the Southwestern/Great American
Group of Companies – serving American Families since 1868.
Family Heritage has NEVER RAISED A RATE on an existing policy!
This brochure is not the insurance contract. The policy explains in detail the rights and obligations of
both Family Heritage and the insured. It is important to read your policy carefully.
The benefits described in this brochure are contained in policy series H2POL