HOSPITAL CONFINEMENT BENEFIT
- Your benefits are paid DIRECTLY TO YOU, unless you instruct otherwise.
- Your benefits are paid IN ADDITION to any other insurance you have.
- Your benefits are NEVER REDUCED.
- Your coverage is GUARANTEED RENEWABLE for life – only you can cancel.
- Your premium DOES NOT INCREASE with age.
- You CANNOT BE SINGLED OUT for a rate increase.
- Your rates can be increased only if they are increased for all plans of this kind in your state.
FACTS ABOUT HOSPITALIZATION
In the United States…
Each year, nearly 1 out of every 8 persons is admitted to a hospital.1
There were over 35 million hospital admissions in 2001.2
The cost for a day in the hospital now exceeds $1,200 per day. 2
More than $1.1 trillion is spent annually on health care; over 1/3
of this is spent on hospital care.1
WAYS TO MEET INDIRECT COSTS
LIMITATIONS & EXCLUSIONS
- Participating in war or any act of war, declared or not, or participating in or contracting with the armed forces of any country or international authority. We will return the prorated Premium for any period not covered by this policy when you are in such service.
- Committing or attempting to commit suicide, regardless of mental capacity.
- Injuring or attempting to injure yourself intentionally, regardless of mental capacity.
- Operating, learning to operate, serving as a crew member on, jumping or falling from any aircraft, including those which are not motor-driven.
- Participating in professional or semi-professional sports including a rodeo event. Sports also includes riding in or driving any motor-driven vehicle in a race, stunt show or speed test or while testing any vehicle on any race course or speedway.
- Loss due to normal pregnancy within 10 months of the effective date. Loss due to complications of pregnancy will be paid the same as any other sickness.
- Children born within 10 months of the effective date will not be covered for any period of confinement that occurs or begins during the first 30 days of life.
- Cosmetic surgery that is not for the diagnosis or treatment of sickness or accidental injury based upon generally accepted medical practice.
- Gastroplasty, Gastric Banding or any other stomach reduction surgery by any other name or any complications relating to such surgery.
- Being legally intoxicated by the laws of the state or being under the influence of any narcotic or other illegal substance, unless such narcotic or substance is taken on the advice of a Physician and according to the Physician’s instructions.
- Alcoholism, drug abuse or chemical dependency.
- Committing, or attempting to commit, a felony or engaging in an illegal occupation.
- Having any Pre-existing Condition not otherwise excluded by name or specific description. Benefits will not be paid for such conditions under this policy which occur during the first two years following your coverage effective date.
- The treatment of any mental, nervous or emotional disorder.
- Confinements which begin prior to 12:00 noon (Eastern Standard Time) on the date you become insured under this policy.
Family Heritage is part of the Southwestern/Great American Group of Companies – serving American Families since 1868!
Family Heritage has NEVER RAISED A RATE!