According to the American Cancer Society
- Cancer will occur in 1 out of 3 Americans and 3 out of 4
- 1 of every 4 deaths are from cancer.
- In children ages 1-14, cancer is the
second leading cause of death.
- 1 in 8 women are diagnosed with breast
cancer in their lifetime.
- Women with a family history (mother, sister, daughter) of breast
cancer have a 2-fold increased risk of developing breast cancer
- While some cancers are hereditary, approximately 90% are from
- In men, prostate and lung cancer are the most common cancers.
- 1 in 6 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- Since 1990, more than 20 million new cases of cancer have
- Over 11 million Americans are alive with a history of cancer.
- The 5 year survival rate for all cancers combined is 66%.
- A cancer-related check-up is recommended every 3 years for people aged 20 to 39 and every year thereafter.
Cost of CANCER
NATIONAL CANCER CENTERS
“Progress in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment has been possible only because of the existence of a
strong cancer research infrastructure…The centerpiece for these efforts is the National Cancer Institute
(NCI) supported cancer centers.”
- Your benefits are paid DIRECTLY TO YOU, unless you instruct otherwise.
- Your benefits are paid IN ADDITION to any other insurance you have.
- Your coverage is GUARANTEED RENEWABLE for life – only you can cancel.
- Your benefits are NEVER REDUCED.
- Your premium DOES NOT INCREASE with age.
- You CANNOT BE SINGLED OUT for a rate increase. Your rates can be increased only if they are increased for all plans of this kind in your state.
Family Heritage has NEVER RAISED A RATE!
This brochure is not the insurance contract. The policy explains in detail the rights and obligations of
both Family Heritage and the insured. Please read your policy carefully.
The benefits described in this brochure are contained in policy series C8POL & C9POL.